When will my clowns start laying eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2016
Messages
444
Reaction score
158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had the picasso for around 7 months and the black and white for around 6 months, they twitch alot and the picasso already got bigger and became the female, how much longer until they start laying eggs? Posting video now so you can see their size.
 
I think i remember reading somewhere that they sexually matured at about 7_8 years. I've had mine for 6 and no eggs yet.... Lol
 
The female needs to be atleast 2.5" inches before she is mature enough to start laying eggs. Plus, keep her well fed, about 6 feedings a day.

I've read that many successful breeders are using high protein foods like LRS Fertility Frenzy.

Good luck.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new