When will my nopox kick in!!!?????

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nutrients can be increased by feeding more, or doing fewer water changes. If they were emergency-low, you'd want to consider dosing them directly. Bottled bacteria is for when you have ammonia that you need to get rid of.

To beat dinos, you need more algae and pods. If you started with dry rock, you should consider getting a bottle of live copepods. Stop dosing any sort of algae poison like Vibrant- you need algae.

A healthy reef shouldn't need to have any sorts of poisons added. Algae should be kept under control by snails and glass cleaning. If you have loads of pest algae everywhere, either the tank needs more time to mature, or something is out of balance.

Nitrates of 25 are high by some peoples' standards, but should be perfectly fine here.

OP
OP
Mom.VS.Reef

Mom.VS.Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrients can be increased by feeding more, or doing fewer water changes. If they were emergency-low, you'd want to consider dosing them directly. Bottled bacteria is for when you have ammonia that you need to get rid of.

To beat dinos, you need more algae and pods. If you started with dry rock, you should consider getting a bottle of live copepods. Stop dosing any sort of algae poison like Vibrant- you need algae.

A healthy reef shouldn't need to have any sorts of poisons added. Algae should be kept under control by snails and glass cleaning. If you have loads of pest algae everywhere, either the tank needs more time to mature, or something is out of balance.

Nitrates of 25 are high by some peoples' standards, but should be perfectly fine here.
Ok I did get dry rock, and I’ve added pods twice now. I have quite the colony lol

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's about the best you can do, then. Keep nutrients up, keep corals cleaned of as much of the stuff as you can, and ride it out. The dinos should fade out sooner or later.

(And do confirm via microscope that you have dinos, not cyano.)

OP
OP
Mom.VS.Reef

Mom.VS.Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about the best you can do, then. Keep nutrients up, keep corals cleaned of as much of the stuff as you can, and ride it out. The dinos should fade out sooner or later.

(And do confirm via microscope that you have dinos, not cyano.)
Sounds like the nopox is working.
It sure is!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back