When will the 24" be back in stock?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
tnw50cal

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out BRS just did a video on LED lights on 10/08/2020 and I bought their # 1 choice for my latest build and their # 5 choice for the build I did in August. The ReefBreeders didn't even make the top 10.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out BRS just did a video on LED lights on 10/08/2020 and I bought their # 1 choice for my latest build and their # 5 choice for the build I did in August. The ReefBreeders didn't even make the top 10.
Actually- we did take the number one spot- we were ranked #1 in cost per PAR at $0.98/PAR. Top 10 rankings were opinion based, not based on math/statistics.

OP
OP
tnw50cal

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is true I won't deny that, but there were many other things lights were judge by. It's also true that the results are based on BRSs opinions. They did use the statistic that their #1 choice is the one they sell the most of. What is sad is that I would own 3 ReefBreeders lights right now(2 16" and 1 24") if they would have been in stock when I needed them. In 1 case I waited 2 months before I bought someone else's light. If there in stock after the holidays(spend lots of money on not my fish then) I sure think it be a good idea for me to buy one as a back up.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is true I won't deny that, but there were many other things lights were judge by. It's also true that the results are based on BRSs opinions. They did use the statistic that their #1 choice is the one they sell the most of. What is sad is that I would own 3 ReefBreeders lights right now(2 16" and 1 24") if they would have been in stock when I needed them. In 1 case I waited 2 months before I bought someone else's light. If there in stock after the holidays(spend lots of money on not my fish then) I sure think it be a good idea for me to buy one as a back up.

Well it's hard to determine what sells the most when our lights sell out so fast :p And no worries at all, I definitely understand not everyone can wait so long for lights. We had a huge increase in demand along with supply shortages due to COVID, but we're getting back on track and have increased our inventory orders tremendously to keep up with demand. We look forward to serving you in the future :)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my reefbreeders. Only issue is the control. The app will be a game changer. Patiently waiting for that.
We have been working very hard to get the app ready! We will be releasing the hardware to make the Photon V2 App ready soon, stay tuned.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this hardware cost more money and is it easy to install?
Yes, we spent a considerable amount of time and money developing these, along with ongoing maintenance fees as the product is cloud based, and servers cost money to run. The kits will be $99.99/light, and they are easy to install. We will also be making the Photons available wit the kit pre-installed (and will still offer the base model with the remote).

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we spent a considerable amount of time and money developing these, along with ongoing maintenance fees as the product is cloud based, and servers cost money to run. The kits will be $99.99/light, and they are easy to install. We will also be making the Photons available wit the kit pre-installed (and will still offer the base model with the remote).
Thanks.....can you share any info about the app? Like how will the control be different than the remote? Will there be options with the app the remote doesn’t have? Etc. I guess I’m wondering if paying a $100 is worth controlling the light on my phone instead of using the remote.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.....can you share any info about the app? Like how will the control be different than the remote? Will there be options with the app the remote doesn’t have? Etc. I guess I’m wondering if paying a $100 is worth controlling the light on my phone instead of using the remote.
Well one awesome feature of this app is that it can be expanded to other devices. Lumenbars will be in next. The app allows for cloud based control- for example I can change my lights at home from anywhere in the world I have internet. There is a 28 day natural moon light cycle, presets, you can group multiple lights or run individually, control multiple tanks at multiple locations all in one app, there is a manual over-ride that times out when you want it to (ie all blues for 15 minutes then resume schedule) and much more.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well one awesome feature of this app is that it can be expanded to other devices. Lumenbars will be in next. The app allows for cloud based control- for example I can change my lights at home from anywhere in the world I have internet. There is a 28 day natural moon light cycle, presets, you can group multiple lights or run individually, control multiple tanks at multiple locations all in one app, there is a manual over-ride that times out when you want it to (ie all blues for 15 minutes then resume schedule) and much more.
That’s cool, thanks for the sneak peak :)

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So wait the App will be an add on feature and not come standard...correct?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So wait the App will be an add on feature and not come standard...correct?
Correct. For current users, you can install a kit or send the light in to be upgraded (the install is not difficult, we had over 50 Beta testers install without issue).

We will be offering a V2+ Pro with the app Pre-installed along with the current V2+.

It will be optional and the price of current V2+ will stay the same.

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. For current users, you can install a kit or send the light in to be upgraded (the install is not difficult, we had over 50 Beta testers install without issue).

We will be offering a V2+ Pro with the app Pre-installed along with the current V2+.

It will be optional and the price of current V2+ will stay the same.
When will the pro be avail to purchase and will the RP-M be compatible for full control at some point? So you can sync flow patterns with programmed Light changes?

Sorry for a minor thread hijack.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the pro be avail to purchase and will the RP-M be compatible for full control at some point? So you can sync flow patterns with programmed Light changes?

Sorry for a minor thread hijack.
I can not provide an exact date just yet. But we are working on getting the pros built soon. Production takes some time, probably about 2-3 months before the Pros are shipping.

Yes, pumps will be in the app eventually. Currently next in line is the lumenbars. Just like the Photons, we will still have the base version with an optional upgrade for the app.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back