When would you dip your new arrivals?

newlyreefd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Messages
415
Reaction score
3
Location
Chester, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering, when would you dip your new coral arrivals? First you have to temperature acclimate them to your tank water, correct? So after that comes the dip? Do you dip in SW or RO/DI water? I'm going to assume the temperature of the water should match that of your tank, correct?
 
I float my bags for 15 minutes then dip. Sps I dip in Bayer insectide and then revive. Lps, Zoas, and softies I did in iodine and then revive. I almost always use saltwater from the tank(matches my temp).
 
I acclimate the coral to the tank water, then move the coral to a container that has the dip medication and tank water, then rinse in another container of tank water.
Some dips will mess up a tank if not rinsed off.
Then put the coral in a qt-tank
 
Last edited:
I drip my corals with DT water for about an hour. Then I do an 8 minute lugols dip. It's worked well for me. I think a freshwater dip would kill the corals, so stick with saltwater.
 
Hey guys, just about to dip some zoas, hammer, and leather corals... can I re-use the same dip for other corals if they came from the same water/tank?
THANK YOU!!!
 
I float my bags for 15 minutes then dip. Sps I dip in Bayer insectide and then revive. Lps, Zoas, and softies I did in iodine and then revive. I almost always use saltwater from the tank(matches my temp).

Why do you Dip Twice?

And why do SPS get Bayer while Softies and LPS get Iodine?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new