When you get your torch flow just right

  • Thread starter Thread starter soreefed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Wow that chalice!
That chalice took off at some point and has become one of the healthier corals in my tank! It’s gotten pretty aggressive tho
 
How will you prevent this creep growing please, I see pineapple putty used
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2023-10-04-00-20-15-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-04-00-20-15-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 112
The yellow sponge? If so, it seems to like shade and recedes in direct light. In my tank anyways
 

Attachments

  • 20231003_195313.jpg
    20231003_195313.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20231003-195128_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003-195128_Chrome.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 46
Nice!
I'm interested in your setup basics; tank size/dimensions,,, how many powerheads and locations.
*I'm lame with a single wavemaker blasting the same direction all the time at random flow rates
 
Thanks! Np, I’ll list out some basic details.

Im nuvo 20 23.6 x 15 x 13in

I have a mighty jet return pump with a random flow nozzle on one outlet. Sicce voyager nano power head on the right pane pointed towards the back wall. I also have a hygger mini Powerhead on the left pane pointed towards the front center of rock work. This power head is set to almost lowest power and in pulsing mode 100% of the day.

My goal was to get a semi circular flow going with randomness from the rfn and bouncing flow off the back wall with the power head to make it a bit more random and chaotic.



IMG_2483.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new