When you have gone to far...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ferguson2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ferguson2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
139
Reaction score
2
Location
Blacksburg VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, we all know that this hobby is obsessive; I want toknow who takes it too far? I for one, I do. All day that I’m at work I’m on thiswebsite, or looking / ordering new things, or thinking about how to improve mytanks and what not. I’m even considering a web cam to watch my tank at worklol. I want to know what you all do that maybe takes this "hobby to anall new level of obsession.
 
Well lets see... My 125 is longer than the wall it is on... I have a whole cupboard in the kitchen devoted to fish stuff... There is more fish equipment in the laundry room than laundry related stuff... I am posting this from work... I am organizing a frag swap... Any issues and my tank emails and texts my phone... I help manage our local reef club website and forum... I got my wife to clean algae for me...

Obsessed, never...
 
Well lets see... My 125 is longer than the wall it is on... I have a whole cupboard in the kitchen devoted to fish stuff... There is more fish equipment in the laundry room than laundry related stuff... I am posting this from work... I am organizing a frag swap... Any issues and my tank emails and texts my phone... I help manage our local reef club website and forum... I got my wife to clean algae for me...

Obsessed, never...
Love it! I'm getting there bud!
 
Wait... Let me add that I have a reef aquarium in a state where the water is frozen over 6 months of the year... That just may tip me over the edge as obsessed ;)

Yes, but the hobby gets a lot more popular in the winter. ;)

I don't think you can go too far. One guy on RC built an auto frozen food feeder out of a full size refrigerator. I thought to myself "ya I would totally build that". :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new