Where am I right now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter berihra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

berihra

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Location
united state
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank here is where I stand:

IMG_0399.jpeg
 
What have you done to the tank so far? I.E. what chemicals/rocks etc have you used?
Difficult to know where you're at without knowing where you started :)
 
What have you done to the tank so far? I.E. what chemicals/rocks etc have you used?
Difficult to know where you're at without knowing where you started :)
Hit it with dr Tim one and only , added Fritz pro aquatics ammonium chloride. And being testing daily waiting for ammonia to hit 0 to do a water change.
 
Hit it with dr Tim one and only , added Fritz pro aquatics ammonium chloride. And being testing daily waiting for ammonia to hit 0 to do a water change.
Excellent, when did you put in the Ammonium Chloride? Have any of your parameters changed since then??
Is this that cube you picked up!?!?
 
Excellent, when did you put in the Ammonium Chloride? Have any of your parameters changed since then??
Is this that cube you picked up!?!?
Yes!!! That is the cube I picked up lol.. ammonium was added 3 days ago.

I really haven’t seen much change to be honest.
 
ammonium was added 3 days ago.
You're at the very beginning of your cycle, expect this to remain constant for another couple of weeks or so before you'll start to see a decline in ammonia. once that ammonia hits about 0.25 ppm or less, you should be safe to start to slowly add some hardy livestock.

There's no need to test for or worry about nitrite. And I personally don't believe a water change is necessary at the end of the cycle, you can safely skip that too 🙂

Good luck with your tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new