Where are all the choati wrasses?

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So before I got out, 4 years ago, I was wanting to get some choati wrasses. Had a trio of blue stars with a transitioned male (coolest thing to watch) and was looking at a Choati.

Now as I’m setting up my new tank I’m looking at wrasses again but I’m not running across any Choati’s

Have they lost their flare? Hard to collect?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only come in a couple times a year and are quite expensive when they do. gorgeous fish, but a brutally difficult reputation. I might reach out to Marine Collectors I know they got some a while ago might be able to source some more.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try Tsm corals in New Jersey. They get them, quarantine them and get them eating

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a certain "season" for them? I'm considering holding out for them in y tank, I want a trio of either Choati or Blue stars. Had blue stars in my last tank and loved them, especially when one transitioned but I think I wanna try the choati's now

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my absolute favorite fish - however, they're notoriously difficult to condition to aquaria. Macropharyngodon bipartitus (Blue-Star Leopard) traditionally is a little easier to get eating and through quarantine.

They're from Australia, so once everything becomes a little more normal, we should see them. We don't typically sell them due to their abysmal survival rates in captivity.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 75.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back