Where are all the choati wrasses?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PSU4ME
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PSU4ME

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
446
Reaction score
298
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So before I got out, 4 years ago, I was wanting to get some choati wrasses. Had a trio of blue stars with a transitioned male (coolest thing to watch) and was looking at a Choati.

Now as I’m setting up my new tank I’m looking at wrasses again but I’m not running across any Choati’s

Have they lost their flare? Hard to collect?
 
Only come in a couple times a year and are quite expensive when they do. gorgeous fish, but a brutally difficult reputation. I might reach out to Marine Collectors I know they got some a while ago might be able to source some more.
 
Is there a certain "season" for them? I'm considering holding out for them in y tank, I want a trio of either Choati or Blue stars. Had blue stars in my last tank and loved them, especially when one transitioned but I think I wanna try the choati's now
 
One of my absolute favorite fish - however, they're notoriously difficult to condition to aquaria. Macropharyngodon bipartitus (Blue-Star Leopard) traditionally is a little easier to get eating and through quarantine.

They're from Australia, so once everything becomes a little more normal, we should see them. We don't typically sell them due to their abysmal survival rates in captivity.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new