Where are all the VERSAs??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;) Pouring gasoline on the fire...

When I first saw the video linked below, I said to myself "WOW! I've got to switch my current dosers over to these dosers ASAP!". The video was made by Reef Builders' Jake Adams on 10/30/19 and is entitled "Ecotech Marine Versa Dosing Pump, How it's Made". The video shows Tim, at Echotech Marine, demonstrating how they build the doser, step-by-step. Tim is apparently the chief engineer at Echotech. And, I loved the video enough to put their dosers on my bucket list for hardware reefer upgrading...

Here's the video:

In the early part of the video, Jake says he'll that the dosers were being built "from scratch". I inferred from this that the doser was entirely built in the USA from parts made by Echotech. Some have claimed, earlier in this thread, that there were non-Echotech supply chain problems with the build that have caused production delays. The only non-Echotech parts I could glean from the above thread came from the printing of the circuit board, which was apparently done by a 3rd party. The circuit boards themselves were further populated with electronic parts by Echotech on their own assembly line. I was given no other reason to believe that any of Versa's other parts came from 3rd party sourcing.

Two months ago I posted the following on YouTube after the video post "Anyone know when these will be available gain?" The only reply was a "LIKE" posted by Reef Builders.

So, I'm willing to defer my earlier conclusions that a Versa Version 2 is in the works if any of you previous nay-sayers can support your allegations that Echotech is having supply-chain issues. Do you have any posted evidence that you are correct in your beliefs

That said,
One never knows, do one ???

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call them i sent one to get fixed they shipped me a new one for 100$ i was also searching for one for months and were all sold out i asked them about it and they said they did have them in stock

Han C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
June will see a lot of versas shipping.
I want to know if ECOTECH MARINE has a plan to launch a "water quality test product". Just like GHL's KDH or ION, or temperature, pH, salinity, etc. This will make my control system simpler and will also benefit your Versa sales.

ReeferMaddne$$

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent months looking for a versa. I ended up calling a fish store in england a relative knew of and they had one in stock. I had didn't care that it cost a bit more and had to ship to the US, I finally got my dang versa pump. Funny thing is, the manufactured date on the box of Oct 7, 2020 is the same day I got my tank. it was meant to be.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent months looking for a versa. I ended up calling a fish store in england a relative knew of and they had one in stock. I had didn't care that it cost a bit more and had to ship to the US, I finally got my dang versa pump. Funny thing is, the manufactured date on the box of Oct 7, 2020 is the same day I got my tank. it was meant to be.
I stopped at my LFS just a few days ago to see if they had any in stock (a week earlier I scored a Tunze 3155 that's out of stock everywhere). He said he sold the last one that morning and the person drove 4 hours to get it.
The fact that there supposed to be out of stock for the next 5 months makes me wonder if they're going to release a next generation pump. Better or worse, I don't know, but I didn't want to risk one old and one new. Seems like that's a recipe for problems.
Hoping to find something soon. Either the versas or something else for reliable water changes. I'm still cycling, but (hopefully) I'll be doing water changes soon and if I can avoid hauling water up from my basement, I'd prefer it.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 of them plus a base station, 2 of them never used if anyone is around Dallas and looking for them.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back