Where are the good LFS's?

jrice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, im new here. I like seeing a reefer club around my neck of the woods.

Now, where are the stores?

I typically go to blue ribbon koi in Catharpin, but want some more options maybe south of me.

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of Va are you in?
I am in Charlottesville. No good stores here. You need to go to Richmond to Atlantis Aquariums and Fish World. Both are reef spec. stores and are worth seeing. Fish World has a 1500 gal display that is super nice and Atlantis has a huge Del-Tec show tank.

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went into Pet Forum today and it looks like they might finally have someone who knows a little about salt working there, because the tanks looked pretty good. The person responsible was not around.
Also, PSP is going to stop selling salt water supplies and has them marked down 50%.

Jarosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the breaks of Central Va, you are in the middle of everything, but nothing is close. First think I learned when I moved to Va 8 years ago, embrace the commute. I would have never traveled an hour to work, fish store or anywhere for that matter when I lived it PA. Not that everything was nearby, its just I thought those people were nuts...

Otherwise BRK is my primary store front, but most of my live stock, corals, equipment comes from other members in WAMAS.org

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Wamas looks pretty cool. Maybe here in Central Va in another couple of years. :) I like the RRC as well but they are on that other site. :(

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went by Pet Forum recently and was surprised by all the changes they had made all over the store. The SW section was looking better than usual.

lhcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to sa y Hello

Hello. I live in Orange Va. I have a 265 Gal Reef. I am also a member of Wamas, but for most of the members i live to far out. So i am looking for a local club to get involved with. Here are some pics of my tank. Mods i am sorry but i was wanting to start a new thread. I dont know what i did wrong. Could you please start this as a new thread. THANKS.

021.jpg

032.jpg

080.jpg

077.jpg

173.jpg

Last edited:

lhcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I live in Orange Va. I have a 265 Gal Reef. I am also a member of Wamas, but for most of the members i live to far out. So i am looking for a local club to get involved with. Here are some pics of my tank.

021.jpg

032.jpg

080.jpg

077.jpg

173.jpg

A few mor. If you dont mind i will add some more pics. I need to go through and find some real good ones. I have well over 120 corals in the tank, mostly SPS. Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome.

Thanks
Lynn

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 178

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Orange is not to far away. Would love to see your tank. Maybe we can do a swap. :)
Hello. I live in Orange Va. I have a 265 Gal Reef. I am also a member of Wamas, but for most of the members i live to far out. So i am looking for a local club to get involved with. Here are some pics of my tank. Mods i am sorry but i was wanting to start a new thread. I dont know what i did wrong. Could you please start this as a new thread. THANKS.

021.jpg

032.jpg

080.jpg

077.jpg

173.jpg

lhcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to do some swaps for SPS with members down this way. Do you guys ever have meetings or frag swaps? I would like to meet some reefers down here.

Lynn

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had one tank crawl here in C'ville. Hopefully some of the other locals will start to chime back in since summer is almost over. There are some nice tanks in the area. One of the R2R mods lives here too.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm here! I live in Charlottesville. My tank has been doing pretty well lately, so I'd be down with another tank crawl. The local C'ville group has kind of lost steam over the past year.

The real local group that we participate in is the Richmond Reef Club on ReefCentral.

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We try to not send people to RC. Cause they SUCK. :(
But the RRC is awesome. That's how I met Josh. :)
I'm here! I live in Charlottesville. My tank has been doing pretty well lately, so I'd be down with another tank crawl. The local C'ville group has kind of lost steam over the past year.

The real local group that we participate in is the Richmond Reef Club on ReefCentral.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back