Where can I find the dosing calculator for Tropic Marin All for Reef (AFR)?

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember it used to be at the bottom of the tropic marin site but it's no longer there. Does anyone know where I can find it again?

My alk is currently 6.7 and I want to raise it to 8.0 (tank volume is 95 gallons).

The instructions only say to add 5ml per 25 gallons but I have no idea how much alk will increase from that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you using a doser for the AFR?

As there is a delay from dosing the AFR to seeing the Alk rise, I am using other supplements (baking soda in my case) to hold up the Alk whilst I get the AFR dialed in.

I wonder if there is a reason they removed it from the site (I've looked before and I couldn't find it either)?

OP
OP
jx.reef

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a doser for the AFR?

As there is a delay from dosing the AFR to seeing the Alk rise, I am using other supplements (baking soda in my case) to hold up the Alk whilst I get the AFR dialed in.

I wonder if there is a reason they removed it from the site (I've looked before and I couldn't find it either)?
Yep I’ve got it hooked up to a Red Sea doser. It definitely was on the site before and would tell us what amount alk increased by after putting in tank volume

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The concentrations for All-For-Reef solutions, no matter whether bought as solution or self-prepared from All-For-Reef Powder, are 43000 ppm calcium, Ca, 6000 dKH per liter alkalinity (as alkalinity-precursors), 1900 ppm magnesium, Mg, 780 ppm strontium, Sr and 34 ppm iodine, I.

This means for example 10 ml contain 60 dKH alkalinity and dosed to 100 l/26.4 US-gallon of water it raises the alkalinity by 0.6 dKH.

OP
OP
jx.reef

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Hans! That’s exactly the answer I was looking for!

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The concentrations for All-For-Reef solutions, no matter whether bought as solution or self-prepared from All-For-Reef Powder, are 43000 ppm calcium, Ca, 6000 dKH per liter alkalinity (as alkalinity-precursors), 1900 ppm magnesium, Mg, 780 ppm strontium, Sr and 34 ppm iodine, I.

This means for example 10 ml contain 60 dKH alkalinity and dosed to 100 l/26.4 US-gallon of water it raises the alkalinity by 0.6 dKH.
Is there a similar calculation for Calcium?

10ml = 430PPM
Now does this mean 100l tank will increase 4.3PPM?

spielco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

As a new reefer that has been dosing all for reef this was a god send to find! I made a huge error tonight and dosed way more than usual and was in a panic. Once I learned this I realized I can handle the swing and will be ok thank you for your freaking knowledge man!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back