AFR calculation question

i0nz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2018
Messages
161
Reaction score
187
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to figure out what AFR raises my calcium in my 66 gallon with sump volume tank to help me understand what AFR is in contrast to Red Sea Mg. I’m dosing 13ml per day.

AFR states that 6ml raises calcium by 4ppm in 15 gallons. I’m having a difficult time with calculating this in correlation to Red Sea to know how much Iron+ to dose based off of my AFR dose. If anybody can quikly help me to come up with this solution, I would appreciate it.

The instructions confuse me because it states to add 1ml/100l (25 gal) to gain 0.01 ppm Fe

So to achieve 0.05 ppm Fe it would result in 10ml of Iron+ I just need the formula for AFR
 
13 ml per day of all for reef should raise your calcium by about 2 ppm.
 
13 ml per day of all for reef should raise your calcium by about 2 ppm.
Thank you for your response. That seems rather low for consumption I’m going to need to investigate a bit
 
I'm not a fan of adding trace elements based on alk or calcium consumption when such consumption is low. Obviously the guidelines are not well suited to a tank where most trace element demand comes from organisms that do not consume alk or calcium (soft corals, anemones, macroalgae, microalgae, etc.).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new