Where do you buy clams to feed your fish?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,643
Reaction score
67,825
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where do you guys get the clams to feed your fish? Do you pick those up at the grocery store? Or do you buy special ones marketed for feeding your tank?
 
Where do you guys get the clams to feed your fish? Do you pick those up at the grocery store? Or do you buy special ones marketed for feeding your tank?
I get them from the grocery store. Human grade is usually cheaper than pet grade in my area. They usually have a raw frozen seafood mix in the freezer section (walmart, aldi, etc.). Also I go to a seafood market to get packages of raw little neck clams.
 
I get clams and mussel meat or pipis right from the fish market. I blend them up and add liquid vitamin and freeze in cubes. Fish love it. I feed pipis to my anemones too.
 
I drive to a coastal town (about an hour away) and patronize a seafood market.
 
A seafood market or I collect them in the sea. (I usually eat most of them before the fish see any) :p

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new