Where do you buy live Rock?

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So back in the days you could find many different sources to order and deliver live ocean rock. Now a days it has moved that to dry or agriculture rock.

So wanted to setup another tank with some real seeded ocean live / rubble rock. Anyone knows of a good place to order with out spending large amount of money?

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So back in the days you could find many different sources to order and deliver live ocean rock. Now a days it has moved that to dry or agriculture rock.

So wanted to setup another tank with some real seeded ocean live / rubble rock. Anyone knows of a good place to order with out spending large amount of money?
I sure miss those days. Back in the day the 45lb boxes were about the same price as dry rock now. And that was for Tonga, Fiji, Haitian, Marshal islands, etc... There’s the Florida live rock. Or Tampa bay.

Last edited:

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still using the Fiji live rock I bought in 2006 and 2007 for a 30 then 100 gallon back when it came in a box stinky in wet paper and you had to cure it in a circulating bin for weeks. Surprising how much stuff survived the curing process. That rock is still servicing the same 30g, a biocube 14 with the left over I have no room for in circulated bin with skimmer in my garage (still with living creatures despite no temp control). It's PRICELESS to me. Can't imagine starting a tank with dry dead rock which is the norm now. Must take forever to mature. Never liked florida live/maricultured rock. It was TOO live with pest and creatures I didn't necessarily want and none of the branch and shapes you could get fiji rock in. Best bet is to find somebody taking down an old set up.

OP
OP
galantra

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Tampa bay I have to go to the airport to pick it up that’s there only option.

Gotta check what Kp has to offer

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back