Where do you guys get your shipping materials?

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find the best and most economical place to get a few insulated shipping boxes. Let me know if you guys know of some. So far I have shipyouraquatics but was hoping you guys had other choices. Thanks, Frank.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my heat packs from tb aquatics and my frag plugs and Disc from Ian reef Oddysey...haven't Bought the boxes yet since I saved all mine from orders lol..

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my heat packs from tb aquatics and my frag plugs and Disc from Ian reef Oddysey...haven't Bought the boxes yet since I saved all mine from orders lol..

+1
just save all the boxes from the shipments you receive and you'll have plenty in no time. :bigsmile:

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also been getting more interested in finding shipping materials. So far, I'm looking at bags from Uline. What sizes are people using?

What are opinions about heatpads? I've read that there's a difference between the heatpads we buy, at Walmart, sporting goods stores, and the heatpads for fish. Some say they're different, some say they are the same. Some say the "human" heat pads get too warm. It's all confusing to me...lol.

Styro boxes. Unfortunately, I don't have very many styro boxes, except large ones, that I've got from the LFS, to transport corals when traveling. When it comes to shipping corals, I'd like to find a source for smaller boxes. Maybe I just need to order more, from online vendors, so I can build up my box supply...lol.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the specimen cups i bought a case of a hundred from amazon for like 30$ i think there the best for shipping...;) i hate bagging corals man i suck at it!!! the cups are nice and simple...

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uline definitely has some nice stuff...i use their wide mouth jars in the 4oz size for frag swaps, and i am going to use them to ship soon

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as for the boxes and styrofoam, i am resuing the ones that i have received from my orders

red02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have got normal boxes that some one just cut styro and lined the inside with it, you can get a 4x8 sheet at depot for like 12.00

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to do the styro lining with styro insulation from hd or lowes
but that got really tedious
since ive been ordering a lot lately i have plenty of boxes to use if i start selling
just remember to save boxes from your orders

Back