Where do you recommend buying Macroalgae for your display tank online?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@AlgaeBarn do you think you would ever get Gutweed? That stuff is amazing and only available outside of the US :(

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...grow-it-certainly-puts-up-a-good-case.310507/

Thank you for the suggestion on future macroalgaes! We are on it. I didn't realize there was demand for this macroalgae. I think I've found a starter culture! Depending on when they can ship with the holidays, we should be able to start selling aquacultured specimens soon!

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the suggestion on future macroalgaes! We are on it. I didn't realize there was demand for this macroalgae. I think I've found a starter culture! Depending on when they can ship with the holidays, we should be able to start selling aquacultured specimens soon!

Oh man that's awesome! Ya Gutweed is legit a holy grail macroalgae. I hear rave reviews from it from our UK and Aussie Reefers. It's like Cheato, but all the fish love to eat it xD and it's superior to grow in ATS and Fuges.

OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely a demand!! Also, I’m super happy with the algaes I got from you guys last week. My tang, especially, is loving it!!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man that's awesome! Ya Gutweed is legit a holy grail macroalgae. I hear rave reviews from it from our UK and Aussie Reefers. It's like Cheato, but all the fish love to eat it xD and it's superior to grow in ATS and Fuges.

Chaeto is great, but I like regular sea lettuce more (ulva lactuca). It grows faster and our tangs go crazy for it. I can't wait to try out gutweed (need to come out with a sexier name hahah).

Definitely a demand!! Also, I’m super happy with the algaes I got from you guys last week. My tang, especially, is loving it!!

Super stoked to hear that. Which macros are your tangs chowing down?

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaeto is great, but I like regular sea lettuce more (ulva lactuca). It grows faster and our tangs go crazy for it. I can't wait to try out gutweed (need to come out with a sexier name hahah).

Super stoked to hear that. Which macros are your tangs chowing down?

Lol - just give it your own brand name [emoji6]. Y’all deserve it. Your service is great and I have been hearing great things about the tank raised tangs you have been selling. Keep up the good work [emoji106]

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can think of a place or two ;).

We should be back in stock on a lot of our macroalgaes late this week and be releasing a few new types of macro.

For display tank, we recommend the following

What is your ETA on your next batch of dragons tongue and chaeto?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anything ever come of this? I don't see any gutweed on the site...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back