Where do your frags come from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You state...

And then you follow up with...

If you truly meant the second quote, you wouldn’t keep anything “secret†from customers or hobbyists in general. Promoting the hobby means sharing what works and what doesn’t work so ALL can benefit from your expertise. That’s what advances the hobby! Not just selling coral or other livestock. That simply advances your agenda. In my humble opinion, that’s being very disingenuous toward your customers. I’ve met and talked with you guys at a couple of MACNAs and frankly I’m surprised at this attitude. Just my candid thoughts about it.

I’m amazed at the amount of customers I get that have gotten false information or incomplete information and struggle keeping their corals in tip-top condition. I go out of my way to help them. I keep no secrets from my customers. If they learn from me, they are repeat customers. It simply good business to educate your customers in all facets of this wonderful hobby.

Dick

Dick, thanks for your feedback. I know what you mean about keeping no secrets. And I wasn't implying any husbandry secrets. What I was implying was that I'm not going to share every aspect of my marketing strategy, proprietary financial data, future product development, etc. Husbandry and coral care benefits everyone, so we have no reason to keep that stuff a mystery! Sorry if my response seemed a bit inconsistent. I can see how you might have interpreted it as such!, which is most definitely not our way. I've spent years writing, talking at clubs and mACNAs sharing what knowledge I have. The last thing I'd want myself- or any vendor, for that matter- to do is to NOT share knowledge that can benefit others!

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point of thread alone was to show how the corals were being cared for and under what conditions. Awesome work guys, definitely the correct approach for this hobby. :)

Amphibious

Oldest Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uniquecorals said:
Dick, thanks for your feedback. I know what you mean about keeping no secrets. And I wasn't implying any husbandry secrets.

Thank you for straightening that out, both for me and your customers! I couldn’t figure out why you would state it that way. I knew you guys were better than that. Sorry for my confusion.

Dick

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for straightening that out, both for me and your customers! I couldn’t figure out why you would state it that way. I knew you guys were better than that. Sorry for my confusion.

Dick

It's all good! Another lesson here-good communication skills, which I did not apply in that statement- are every bit as critical as good husbandry in the coral biz (or any biz, really). Thanks for the kind words!

Scott

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back