Where is a good spot to place this

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some context, I'm starting to stock my 6 month old 120 gallon with coral, and yesterday I picked up a nemenzophyllia (aka fox coral) and I placed it on my lower rockwork, now I've also picked up a WaveMaker that day as my tank has been struggling with flow issues, the problem is the spot I've chosen to place this coral gets not alot, but a decent amount of flow, I just realized that nemenzophyllia hate flow, as when j turned on the WaveMaker he instantly closed up, now I'm not letting the 400 dollar ReefWave go to waste so I need to replace the coral, there are two spots I have in mind, both at the lower rockwork and get low light, my only concern is it's proximity to the leather coral, as I don't want the leather shed to irritate it. Here are the two spots i have in mind

20230818_190328.jpg
20230818_190337.jpg

And here's the coral and full tank
20230818_190323.jpg
20230818_190316.jpg

(I'm aware the tank dosent look too established, that's cause it isn't, been dealing with a cyanno issue and it covered the whole rock, I added pods and they took care of that issue and now algae is starting to grow, the coral is also a bit closed up in the photo because I just turned off the flow)

Thank you and tell me what you think, if you see any other spots I can place it let me know.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back