Where is this leaking from?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Areseebee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Areseebee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
642
Rating - 0%
0   0   0


My return line is leaking but I can't figure out exactly where from. I think it's from the top coupling on the true union. I hate messing with this part because it attached directly to the tank above which is really dreadful design. I don't think the upper connection is leaking because there is no salt creep from above. Will it be enough to just swap in a new true union without cutting the line (keeping the current top union) or am I going to have to somehow cut this thing and glue a new one in? What's the best way to proceed here?
 


My return line is leaking but I can't figure out exactly where from. I think it's from the top coupling on the true union. I hate messing with this part because it attached directly to the tank above which is really dreadful design. I don't think the upper connection is leaking because there is no salt creep from above. Will it be enough to just swap in a new true union without cutting the line (keeping the current top union) or am I going to have to somehow cut this thing and glue a new one in? What's the best way to proceed here?

Your video is private.

Always assume the leak is above where you think.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with you and think it’s the top coupling. Considering it’s your return line and your pump will “pump 😉” water everywhere if it opens up to much I would cut it out and replace the union.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new