Where should powerheads go in 60 gal cube?

Chris Van Daele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 60 gal cube setup and I'm wondering where the best placement is for the powerheads? Currently I only have one plus the outlet of the pump which I have aimed up for surface agitation. Let me know what you think. I am switching from FOWLR to some corals so I want to make sure my flow is adequate.

Chris

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Post some photos when you start to put stuff in there. I have two WAV pumps in my 60g cube. One on the back panel and one on the side. I set them in a random flow throughout the day and a constant low flow at night. I have mostly SPS so my flow is higher. I go to where my reef flake substrate starts to move a little then taper down. Also have a manifold system hooked up to my return pump that is on the highest setting and that breaks up the surface of the water for gas exchange. Hope this helps.

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a mixed reef and use 2 mp10s running reefcrest mode at 90% across from each other in front of the rockwork about 5" down from the surface. In the back corners. I also run 2 jabao pp8's at 90% wave mode to make a standing wave in the tank and also to keep detritus from settling in the back. Good luck! Fun tank size for sure

IMG_20180304_112615_167.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back