Where to Buy Float Glass

LandLocked Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
McPherson
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I've been attempting to source 19mm (3/4") low iron float glass. So far glasscages.com appears to be my only option. Anyone here happen know anywhere more affordable than glasscages? Glass has really exploded in price over the last decade. Any suggestions help.
 
Have you tried local window places? I got the glass for my last build from a store that did custom shower doors and replacement windows. Might be worth investigating.
Unfortunately, every local glass place I've called doesn't carry anything so thick. I've even called a few places in Kansas City. The companies willing to get it in cost even more than glasscages
 
Hey All,

I've been attempting to source 19mm (3/4") low iron float glass. So far glasscages.com appears to be my only option. Anyone here happen know anywhere more affordable than glasscages? Glass has really exploded in price over the last decade. Any suggestions help.
Hi @LandLocked Reefer, Have you tried shower door manufacturers? General glass shops most likely will not have 3/4". Hope that helps.
 
Custom aquariums will likely help you out
 
Customaquariums.com
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new