where to buy large sump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gacolt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
508
Location
cumming,ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a large sump and not sure where or who to get it from. Dimensions 8 x 3 x 18'' or 8 x 30'' x 18''.alternative suggestions are welcomed. The sump will be going under the tank in the stand.
 
I'd get an HDPE tub. At that low height it I don't think it should need side reinforcement, and if it's in a stand it'll have protection from knocks anyway.

It's possible you may have to go custom for those dimensions though. I think you're best off calling around and getting quotes from multiple suppliers if you decide to go that route.

As far as ready-made, you could at least consider smaller tanks:
  • Chemtainer R244818A - 90 gallons - 4' x 2' x 18"H - Not ideal, but you could conceivably run two side-by side for 180 gallons. The upside is they are only $300 each.
  • Chemtainer R363618A - 67 gallons - 3' x 2' x 18"H - Not ideal, but you can fill the equivalent space with four of them side-by-side. Upside is they are less than $250 each.
  • Chemtainer R366012A - 112 gallons - 5' x 3' x 12"H - Still not ideal. $1200 each.
Save a bundle vs custom, but some sacrifices.

Something to think about at least!
 
http://melevsreef.com

Marc is top notch quality.. If he doesn't have a size you're looking for shoot him a message on here and I'm sure he can get you a custom build for whatever your needs. And you'll have everyone jealous of your melevs sump!!

@melev is his un :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new