Where to buy

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any personal favorites or know of anyone that sells great reef fish for our tanks in Connecticut. Is the any LFS that actually quarantines your fish and treats them before selling?

YoCamron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any personal favorites or know of anyone that sells great reef fish for our tanks in Connecticut. Is the any LFS that actually quarantines your fish and treats them before selling?
Connecticut sucks for fish shops... i am always in NY for my fish and corals

SteelerMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that I agree with that. We have quite a few good stores, many of them who are sponsors of the club and offer discounts to our members. I am not sure what their quarantine procedures are though. For most lfs quarantining is not a profitable venture

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connecticut sucks for fish shops... i am always in NY for my fish and corals

I couldn't disagree more! CT has some great LFS. Exotic Fish and Coral, Headie Coral, Blakes Aquaden, MaxReef, The Coral Reef, House of Fins, Greenwich Aquaria are all great shops. As far as treating fish, I can't speak for the others, but last time I checked Bob at Exotic treated his fish with copper.

clueless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't disagree more! CT has some great LFS. Exotic Fish and Coral, Headie Coral, Blakes Aquaden, MaxReef, The Coral Reef, House of Fins, Greenwich Aquaria are all great shops. As far as treating fish, I can't speak for the others, but last time I checked Bob at Exotic treated his fish with copper.
don't forget Saybrook ,Shoreline Pet

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed 100% Jason at Greenwich is a good guy and he won't sell you a fish if he thinks it's not healthy

Kingklown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased from wet pets in Tolland. I asked the owner to quarantine a blonde Naso tang I was going to purchase from him. He said he would put it in one of his copper tank for 30 days for me so I wouldn't have to set up my own qt tank.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased from wet pets in Tolland. I asked the owner to quarantine a blonde Naso tang I was going to purchase from him. He said he would put it in one of his copper tank for 30 days for me so I wouldn't have to set up my own qt tank.

Did he do this in a tank which is isolated from the rest of his system?

Blakes Aqua den runs copper in their system, but it is a system so not the same as a quarantine. Having a store do the quarantine would be ideal, but it would be very costly for them to house a single or a couple of fish in a tank which is separate from the rest of the system. I would be willing to pay extra for this service however.... I quarantine my fish but it is a PITA

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet Pets is a very unique store in which all of their tanks are stand alone. If you haven't been before I definitely recommend checking them out.

Kingklown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he has independent tanks. I dont think he's charging me extra money. But I do buy a lot from him so it's probably more out of keeping his customers happy. I did tear down my old 55 gallon tank that had ick and bought 125 gallon tank from him. While setting up new tank. He did hold and treat my 5 chromis, lane mower blenny and sail fin in a copper tank

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been to wet pets. How does it compare to Blakes Aqua den in terms of selection and quality?

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the FFM on March 5th and you can have just about every Coral dealer you could imagine in one place.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tcr and shoreline are my favorites and Blake's new store had a lot of potential. He's right there with them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back