Where to dispose old sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter bingus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bingus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
180
Reaction score
61
Location
battle ground
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I get rid of my old sand out? Breaking down a 55 that had ~ 40lbs of sand in it.
 
Trash.
Beach.
Garden.
 
I just put mine in the yard. I guess if you don't have a yard then the trash.
 
dumpster GIF
 
I put a bunch into a corner of my yard that needed a little fill. Works great for that. Gravel driveway? 40# won't take up much space so you have a lot of options.
 
fill pot holes in the yard that my dogs digs up. its just sand.. its not going to hurt anything
 
Clean and save it in a bucket- you may use it again for something- like a in sump denitrifying filter .
This is what I did. Tore down a 4' bowfront and washed the sand and left it in a bucket. 8 months later in adding a larger tank so just pulled it out to reuse. Probably saved $100 on sand.
 
Cat’s box?

Cats LOVE the smell of fish! Ahahahahaha! Only kidding. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new