Where to find bulk Nori

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got two purple tangs recently and they are shredding thru nori. I am currently using Sally’s green nori thag I got from petco. However at the rate they are pushing thru it I’ll be broke soon lol. Anyone have a loop hole they use to get lots of it for cheap? Also feeding nori heavy to keep aggression down and keep them healthy and fat.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got two purple tangs recently and they are shredding thru nori. I am currently using Sally’s green nori thag I got from petco. However at the rate they are pushing thru it I’ll be broke soon lol. Anyone have a loop hole they use to get lots of it for cheap? Also feeding nori heavy to keep aggression down and keep them healthy and fat.
Do you have any Asian markets near you?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon has this IMG_5911.jpeg

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't think two tangs would require bulk purchases. If you think you do need bulk, check out something like Restaurant Supply....I happen to be a member, but every so often they open to the public. I personally purchase from a local oriental market.....H Mart. One of the cleanest and well organized oriental market I've seen. Unbelievable selections, typically 50+ sheets per package.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't think two tangs would require bulk purchases. If you, check out something like Restaurant Supply....I happen to be a member, but every so often they open to the public. I personally purchase from a local oriental market.....H Mart. One of the cleanest and well organized oriental market I've seen. Unbelievable selections, typically 50+ sheets per package.
Bulk for me is the 50 sheets I see on Amazon just want to see which once is a common ruling as a good brand. Just want to buy it and not have to for a while

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything to look for in ingredients? Not sure about this but do suppliers add sodium or anything or is it all the same?

Good question. First off, I couldn't give you a brand because the labeling is either Chinese or Korean or even maybe Japanese....and I'm just a dumb American.

However, what you'll want is plain nori....no salt or spices. I also look for thicker nori....I don't care for the paper thin stuff.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're all set with a supply. I'll leave you with one last thing....how I cut Asian market nori for fish use.

Check it out HERE.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bought this a couple times I see, so what is the thickness of the sheets? Similar to what I would find in petco packages?
It holds up nicely when you fold it eight times. I usually put half a sheet in on each clip each day or so. I like it a lot better than Petco stuff. It is thicker and bigger.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back