Where to find bulk Nori

vahegan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering unroasted nori sheets from eBay for quite a few years - it always appeared to be Korean, when I used the "unroasted" filter. Thinner than TLF sheets, but much better deal. I continue to buy the red and purple weed from TLF, though. The $12 offer from Amazon proposed above looks like a good deal for 100 sheets, I'll try that one next time I need to restock.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know, just saying - for “optimal” nutrition it shouldn’t be roasted, according to most sources. And since non-roasted is readily available why not go with the healthier option?

You can survive on twinkies and chicken McNuggets for 7 years too…
You are correct. Roasted cooks away a lot of the nutrients whereas dehydrating just removes moisture. Sushi Nori is great. People just need to look for un cooked and un flavored.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering unroasted nori sheets from eBay for quite a few years - it always appeared to be Korean, when I used the "unroasted" filter. Thinner than TLF sheets, but much better deal. I continue to buy the red and purple weed from TLF, though. The $12 offer from Amazon proposed above looks like a good deal for 100 sheets, I'll try that one next time I need to restock.
That Nori is great Nori as well. They used to have a deal for 2 100 count packs for like $18. Was much better deal. I go through 6 sheets a day for all my fish. All the other fish have watched my tangs eat Nori so now they eat it as well. Have to put multiple sheets up in different places on the tank to prevent fights from ALL the fish swarming the Nori. They really love this stuff. Its just funny to me seeing Lunar Wrasse ripping off chunks of Nori to eat. I think I have seen all my different fish eating the Nori except for my Athina's, Engineer goby and Snowflake Moray Ell. The fish really do love this stuff. Fresh sheets in the morning to all the tanks and they are gone by evening.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can survive on twinkies and chicken McNuggets for 7 years too…
True but this girl loves her nuggets and twinkies :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: 20240117_111531.jpg

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Nori is great Nori as well. They used to have a deal for 2 100 count packs for like $18. Was much better deal. I go through 6 sheets a day for all my fish. All the other fish have watched my tangs eat Nori so now they eat it as well. Have to put multiple sheets up in different places on the tank to prevent fights from ALL the fish swarming the Nori. They really love this stuff. Its just funny to me seeing Lunar Wrasse ripping off chunks of Nori to eat. I think I have seen all my different fish eating the Nori except for my Athina's, Engineer goby and Snowflake Moray Ell. The fish really do love this stuff. Fresh sheets in the morning to all the tanks and they are gone by evening.
Pic of the fattys that eat 6 sheets a day?

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will grab some new pics when I get home. Or a video of them swarming the Nori feeders when I put them into the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back