where to find vertex skimmer replacement parts?

Diazcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all and Happy new year! i'm having a little trouble finding replacement parts for my vertex 180i skimmer. i have searched the web, LFS,BRS,Marinedepot, also tried going through vertex itself and can't seem to find replacement parts for it, just finding brand new skimmers which i'm not interested in.
my issue is that my skimmer is starting to make some loud noises about 5 mins after it starts, I have taken the skimmer apart and cleaned out the whole thing including the pump and impeller and still having this issue its like the magnets between the pump and impeller are not making good contact but the skimmer is still skimming (not sure if i made sense there). anyways any help on where to find parts for these types of skimmers would be greatly appreciated thank you!!

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably just need a new impeller gotta look up which pump is used usually sicce on vertex and see what size and model number is used then search for that replacement part

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnets are very strong and the bond between the shaft and the impeller are very week, I would try to see if the impeller can rotate on the shaft, if it does I would put some crazy glue between them and then I would buy another impeller.

When I had mine after replacing the impeller I never removed the impeller I just ran it in vinegar and then soaked the impeller cavity with vinegar.

PS BRS sells lots of these skimmers if they do not have parts I would be concerned.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need that email, my skimmer impeller on my 150 broke and cannot find parts for it at all.

Adam is no longer with Vertex. Several others have come and gone since then and I’m not sure how to get parts? I guess the best route is to go through their website contact info here... https://www.vertexaquaristik.com/us/en/support/

I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes a pain to get the part. Maybe someone at @Bulk Reef Supply or something has some better info, but things at Vertex have been, let’s say, interesting over the past year or so.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful. Good luck!

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same problems with getting in contact with anyone from this Company @Vertex. I have an Omega 180i that I need an impeller assembly for, I have tried to contact them via email on several occasions with no response from them...very frustrating to say the least.

I really like the skimmer it’s a beast. has any one tried retrofitting a DC pump ?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Huntington Beach California and around a couple years ago I broke the shaft and found there parts place or distro center just a few miles away from me. Must be that 714 area code # someone posted. Luckily I was able to drive over and pick it up, what a small world.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Having the same problems with getting in contact with anyone from this Company @Vertex. I have an Omega 180i that I need an impeller assembly for, I have tried to contact them via email on several occasions with no response from them...very frustrating to say the least.

I really like the skimmer it’s a beast. has any one tried retrofitting a DC pump ?
Theyre is a belief they are in trouble or may be under. They have not been advertising, releasing new product or at any trade shows for the industry, Check with Marine Depot as they tend to have access to obsolete and hard to find parts

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back