Where to find Warty frogfish

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria has this guy in stock right now..
Screenshot_20191206-213410.png

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked for quite awhile last night. He was the only one in stock...but alot of these sites have a waiting list you can join so youll be the first to know.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys always seem to have them, last week they had a few. They do seem to be overpriced for what I would be willing to pay, but the colors they get are a bit unusual. If you are not familiar with angler care, if you don't outfit their tank with similar colors to imprint, they will usually change colors.

You said the one at liveaquaria was too big, what size are you looking for. The tiny ones are very cute and fun to grow up, but just make sure you have access to appropriate sized food to feed them. They seem to be available pretty often these days, have you asked your lfs to get you one.

OP
OP
Jcagle09

Jcagle09

BEE HAPPY!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys always seem to have them, last week they had a few. They do seem to be overpriced for what I would be willing to pay, but the colors they get are a bit unusual. If you are not familiar with angler care, if you don't outfit their tank with similar colors to imprint, they will usually change colors.

You said the one at liveaquaria was too big, what size are you looking for. The tiny ones are very cute and fun to grow up, but just make sure you have access to appropriate sized food to feed them. They seem to be available pretty often these days, have you asked your lfs to get you one.

Is aqua locker a good place to buy from?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Check Davy Jones locker on aqua locker

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is aqua locker a good place to buy from?

I've only bought from them once, and it was a good purchase, a yellow spot scorp. These are a rare find and a difficult to acclimate species. He's been going strong over a year and a half, The angler is a similar type fish, so i would ave no prob getting one from there. I had a friend get a few fish from them with good results also.

OP
OP
Jcagle09

Jcagle09

BEE HAPPY!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only bought from them once, and it was a good purchase, a yellow spot scorp. These are a rare find and a difficult to acclimate species. He's been going strong over a year and a half, The angler is a similar type fish, so i would ave no prob getting one from there. I had a friend get a few fish from them with good results also.
Thank you

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a small warty frogfish. Anybody have any leads?
Love these guys and anglers. However, I have had no luck at all keep them alive. They are too slow eat in my tank and my triggers are too aggressive.....one day!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back