Where to get interceptor?

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where isneveryone getting thier interceptor now a days? Haven't had to use any for YEARS. But today I took a closer look at some of the acros that are showing little to no PE and low and behold I saw some critters crawling around. However they are not the typical red bugs, more like what they are calling white bugs.

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.budgetpetcare.com comes from the UK I ordered some a while ago, treated my tank with what i thought was bugs, IDK what they were, but did a small dose and I stopped seeing things on one of my acros. It takes a long time for it to ship... I wanna say it took almost a month for me to receive mine.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 10 days to receive. Yes, flavored ones with prazi are the ones. They did work. Most use a 6-10 X ORA dose for white bugs. See below. They ship to US.

1668972619262.png

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say about a month until I received mine... I didn't know what was on my acros, all the research I did and Pictures I saw nothing looked like what was on my one acro colony. But I still purchased it and I used a half tablet. What I did was take one of the tablets, cut it in half and smashed in into a very fine powder. After that I dosed that powder (mixed with a small amount of tank water) 4 times over a week. The only thing I noticed was my skimmer went a tad crazy, but i just emptied it. After the week, I added new carbon and turned my reactor back on and did a water change...to this day have not seen any critters walking on my acros and all PE is back to normal as with the colors.

OP
OP
whitelightning77

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say about a month until I received mine... I didn't know what was on my acros, all the research I did and Pictures I saw nothing looked like what was on my one acro colony. But I still purchased it and I used a half tablet. What I did was take one of the tablets, cut it in half and smashed in into a very fine powder. After that I dosed that powder (mixed with a small amount of tank water) 4 times over a week. The only thing I noticed was my skimmer went a tad crazy, but i just emptied it. After the week, I added new carbon and turned my reactor back on and did a water change...to this day have not seen any critters walking on my acros and all PE is back to normal as with the colors.
Half a tablet? How big is your tank? Around 100+ gallons?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to each small mom and pop veterinarians in your area. Stay away from the lender and large name brand vets. They won’t help you. You gotta bring in as much info (pictures articles, etc…) on the treatment and success everyone has using interceptor. Even bring pics of your own tank, every little pipe w of info helps. The vets just don’t want to be liable for any problems, which is what your there for. To teach them that their meds are the only way to do it correctly. I got the last vet to give me like 10 packets for what he paid for them last time I went looking. You also have to talk to the owner or manager in charge, don’t try and tell the receptionist any of it.
The boss or manager, once they understand should help you out. Even expired tablets are good to use, I just use extra to make sure.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm trying to purchase interceptor without a prescription. Tried all the above links and they don't have interceptor available. Any other source?

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but I was looking at I beleive petmed , I went to check out and I didn’t see any info on rx pres

thepotoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very difficult to obtain without a script in the USA. I called a local vet and asked if I could get some from them (I didn't say anything else). They asked how big my dog is. I said "120 pounds". This is true, my dog is quite large. They said I could come in and pick it up in 15 minutes, so I gave them my name and then went and got it. Total cost was under $20.

A vet has financial incentive to sell you interceptor. No need to to lie, but no need to raise red flags by talking about coral and bug and make a big deal out of things, either. This was a couple years ago, but I doubt things have changed.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me is more difficult because I live in the Dominican Republic, and we don't have interceptor available here. My only option is to purchase online and get it shipped to Miami or have someone to get it for me and then ship it to Miami for a fee. I have a freight forwarder in Miami that ships to my door in DR in 24 hours.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back