Where to get MP40 wetside part?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where can I get Mp40 wetside magnet? I have couple MP40wes and two MP40WQD. While doing routine clean up for wetside last weekend, I notice two of them has crack wetside magnets (the plastic part that cover the magnet). I dont want to buy the whole wetside for replacement yet since I alway have few spare wetside for clean up swap out purpose. I don't want to throw away the wetside with crack magnet cover either since they are still very good condition because I took good care of my pump. Any lead or help is appreciate.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know where can I get Mp40 wetside magnet? I have couple MP40wes and two MP40WQD. While doing routine clean up for wetside last weekend, I notice two of them has crack wetside magnets (the plastic part that cover the magnet). I dont want to buy the whole wetside for replacement yet since I alway have few spare wetside for clean up swap out purpose. I don't want to throw away the wetside with crack magnet cover either since they are still very good condition because I took good care of my pump. Any lead or help is appreciate.

This is not a solution, but this thread may provide some additional information about MP40 wetside magnets. I’m sorry to hear about these failures.

gosaints

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Ecotech and they will probably replace them for free.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one with a cracked impeller. You can have it. If you pick it up.

soeminpaing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also having the same problems with MP40QD wetside. I know the problem exists with older MP40Wes and since then improved to solve this issues. I was wrong and since it was bought in Singapore and transported to my country where there is no Ecotech support, I am out of luck. I just wish they made better quality products which would last more than a few years and it will be better for people like us who live in other countries than US.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue last week. Cleaned one of my MP40s to find a cracked and RUSTED magnet. I was way out of warranty, but I called and the person told me to send it in... which I did. I suggest you call them.

lesson of the day, inspect regularly.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

throw it away immediately....it will rust and leach all kinds of elements into your water that should not be there.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D17CB439-E09C-4046-A827-DC155D3F8BE3.jpeg

This was my surprise. Have no idea how long it was like that. Ecotech replaced did replace it, but it’s still scary.

soeminpaing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D17CB439-E09C-4046-A827-DC155D3F8BE3.jpeg

This was my surprise. Have no idea how long it was like that. Ecotech replaced did replace it, but it’s still scary.

You guys are lucky that you live in US. Ecotech should considered for customers who live outside the US. Instead of replacing the defected products it would be better to make sure this kind of things don't happen in the first place. That's why I am disappointed. Even though I contact them since I am half way around the world I don't think they would consider replacing the defected unit. I used to live in the US . I once buy AI prime with the first version of aluminium mount which has designed flaw from BRS and Ecotech replaced these when I contact them so I have no doubt that their customer service is good in US. It just suck for an international buyer.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends how old they are and whether it’s the older MP40 wetside or the newer one - they are quite different and a magnet for one does not fit in the other. I cannot speak to international issues, but here in the US you can just contact ETM. If the wetside is under warranty still, they’ll replace it. If it’s not that far out of warranty they may replace it. If it’s really old, you’ll have to buy a new one. Probably a good approach for the older ones anyhow.

soeminpaing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to remove the broken plastic and the quality of the plastic is really cheap. It kinda become brittle in less than a year. I wonder why they don't use better plastic or pvc. The magnet is powerful enough to interfere with the dremel blade so be careful. I then tried to sand the rust away and coat the magnet with epoxy. I will see how this goes.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back