Where to get pickling lime?

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just DIYed a Kalk reactor yesterday and realized afterwards I was out of pickling lime. I'm heading to Nashville today and wondered if anyone knew where to get some since its out of season. I have some ordered but it will be a few days.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just DIYed a Kalk reactor yesterday and realized afterwards I was out of pickling lime. I'm heading to Nashville today and wondered if anyone knew where to get some since its out of season. I have some ordered but it will be a few days.
I've always found it in the canning sections at Kroger or Walmart

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I get them at kroger....not sure anymore...

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's getting harder to find locally. I've read that many places don't sell it because of concerns with botulism (apparently today's vinegar isn't as acidic as it used to be and it's not killing off bacteria when stuff is canned, particularly if any pickling lime is left on what's being pickled). I don't make my own pickles, so I don't know this to be true. Local Kroger and Publix stores have stopped carrying it completely. Walmart's website indicated that it's not available in local stores when I checked recently. I have a couple of bags of Mrs. Wages left, but will have to get it online apparently.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to Wal-Mart and they didn't have any. I know here that Kroger used to carry it around canning season but not year round. What I ordered will be here tomorrow so I'll just wait until then.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, thanks! I didn’t know they had it so cheap.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back