Where to get Trochus snails

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has been talking these up and I’d like to finally give them a try, but my go-to cleanup crew places (reefcleaners and KP Aquatics) don’t carry them. Does anyone have them cheaper than LA?

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are $2.99 on LA. You aren’t really going to beat that.

absowry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algaebarn has them. $25 for five and free shipping over $40. They will ship trochus priority 2 day.

OP
OP
LobsterOfJustice

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh... maybe the reason trochus have become popular is the move towards smaller tanks, which makes them a little more economical... 5 snails doesn’t do me any good. I’ve never paid more than $2 for a snail and typically expect to pay less than $1 per snail. Looks like I can get right around the $2 mark with some of the larger packs on LA, hopefully that sale will last through next week.

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh... maybe the reason trochus have become popular is the move towards smaller tanks, which makes them a little more economical... 5 snails doesn’t do me any good. I’ve never paid more than $2 for a snail and typically expect to pay less than $1 per snail. Looks like I can get right around the $2 mark with some of the larger packs on LA, hopefully that sale will last through next week.
Tell me about it, snails for my 300 gallon cost more then corals

Dapperjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What size tank do you have? I bought 4 trochus for my 120 and they bred within the first year and I literally had over 100! I still think they're worth the premium price.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have about 75 because they breed in my tank . Live aquaria usually has the crappy trochus , the big spiral ones from.fishy business are the good ones. Hardy and breed a lot . I started with 12 and every month or so I bring a dozen to pet store or a friend

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back