Where to get Trochus snails

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
1,480
Location
Cary, NC
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Everyone has been talking these up and I’d like to finally give them a try, but my go-to cleanup crew places (reefcleaners and KP Aquatics) don’t carry them. Does anyone have them cheaper than LA?
 
They are $2.99 on LA. You aren’t really going to beat that.
 
They are $2.99 on LA. You aren’t really going to beat that.
+1 on LA... they have a good sale going on right now where they are around $2 a piece (if you buy certain packs)
 
Algaebarn has them. $25 for five and free shipping over $40. They will ship trochus priority 2 day.
 
Eh... maybe the reason trochus have become popular is the move towards smaller tanks, which makes them a little more economical... 5 snails doesn’t do me any good. I’ve never paid more than $2 for a snail and typically expect to pay less than $1 per snail. Looks like I can get right around the $2 mark with some of the larger packs on LA, hopefully that sale will last through next week.
 
Eh... maybe the reason trochus have become popular is the move towards smaller tanks, which makes them a little more economical... 5 snails doesn’t do me any good. I’ve never paid more than $2 for a snail and typically expect to pay less than $1 per snail. Looks like I can get right around the $2 mark with some of the larger packs on LA, hopefully that sale will last through next week.
Tell me about it, snails for my 300 gallon cost more then corals
 
Eh... maybe the reason trochus have become popular is the move towards smaller tanks, which makes them a little more economical... 5 snails doesn’t do me any good. I’ve never paid more than $2 for a snail and typically expect to pay less than $1 per snail. Looks like I can get right around the $2 mark with some of the larger packs on LA, hopefully that sale will last through next week.

What size tank do you have? I bought 4 trochus for my 120 and they bred within the first year and I literally had over 100! I still think they're worth the premium price.
 
I have about 75 because they breed in my tank . Live aquaria usually has the crappy trochus , the big spiral ones from.fishy business are the good ones. Hardy and breed a lot . I started with 12 and every month or so I bring a dozen to pet store or a friend
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new