Where to keep the overflow line?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2Plus2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

2Plus2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2024
Messages
387
Reaction score
141
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi everyone, I have but one question.

Is it ideal to keep the gate valve dialed in to where the emergency overflow barely trickles in? I assume that keeps the water line the same all the time?
 
Yes, the primary drains flow rate will be constant and controlled by the gate valve while the emergency line has a small trickle. In theory this should keep the tank as quiet as possible with no noise from air being sucked into the primary drain.

At least that is how I understand it. . .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new