where to order egg crate "legs"/who makes the best egg crate "legs"?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use PVC pipe. I cut a slit length wise drill a hole through the top and wire tie to the crate. Cheap and easy. I used red colored left overs from plumbing my reef.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the little legs that clip into the egg crate but no idea who makes the best or where to get them. I just do what the others have said use pvc or egg crate and zip ties.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the little legs that clip into the egg crate but no idea who makes the best or where to get them. I just do what the others have said use pvc or egg crate and zip ties.
They are spendy

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure thats why I dont have them. I got better things to spend my money on....corals/fish/fish food.
I think it was 35.00 for 8 or something like that.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
turner classic movies vintage GIF by FilmStruck

Never heard of them before? I notched some pvc sprinkler risers or connector fittings and drilled holes to strap them down with zip ties. It was ugly but it worked great. I decided that the plastic was feeding bacteria and algae like bio pellets are supposed to so I removed them from the tank. I don’t want to keep cleaning the egg crate…

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've used pvc, it worked. I've used egg crate to make egg crate legs, that also worked. Neither works exceptionally well, IMO.

There are multiple people making and selling these on etsy and I've tried a few of those. This one hands down being the best of all of them, and the ones I use exclusively now. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClearChoi...-name&listing_id=1097586067&from_page=listing

The legs themselves fit perfectly in the egg crate squares and then there is a little cap to attach the legs securely. So when you inevitably move the egg crate for whatever, the legs stay attached. They're great.

Fwiw, I have no affiliation with this company. I've just been highly impressed by their products and would definitely recommend them.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used pvc, it worked. I've used egg crate to make egg crate legs, that also worked. Neither works exceptionally well, IMO.

There are multiple people making and selling these on etsy and I've tried a few of those. This one hands down being the best of all of them, and the ones I use exclusively now. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClearChoi...-name&listing_id=1097586067&from_page=listing

The legs themselves fit perfectly in the egg crate squares and then there is a little cap to attach the legs securely. So when you inevitably move the egg crate for whatever, the legs stay attached. They're great.

Fwiw, I have no affiliation with this company. I've just been highly impressed by their products and would definitely recommend them.
I'm almost speechless

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use some brightwell blocks. You could probably super glue them to the egg crate no problem and you're adding bio media at the same time
Screenshot_2024-01-15-11-03-53-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back