Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Irishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked one up and put it after my prefilters right before my RO membrane. I think I have some pics in my build thread of my RO plumbing.

You want the most pressure before your membrane to make sure you have a good waste to clean water ratio. @Buckeye Hydro could give you some pointers too! They helped me a lot when I was having issues. I do recommend one of these as well before the booster pump just in case something slips past your prefilters.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I put on there right before the membrane and got it all set up and turned on and now the needle in the pressure gauge just goes nuts back and forth nothing is steady so I can see where it is. What should I do?

Edit: it makes a ton of noise. I'd rather have it before a filter to get rid of any possible build up but I also can't get a proper reading on the gauge as the needle is going nuts. So ideas?

Or should I just have it before the filters and not worry about it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190608_085706.jpg
20190608_085819.jpg

It goes to membrane and gauge

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Okay, so I put on there right before the membrane and got it all set up and turned on and now the needle in the pressure gauge just goes nuts back and forth nothing is steady so I can see where it is. What should I do?

Edit: it makes a ton of noise. I'd rather have it before a filter to get rid of any possible build up but I also can't get a proper reading on the gauge as the needle is going nuts. So ideas?

Or should I just have it before the filters and not worry about it?
Is the water line open? Sounds like something is preventing a smooth flow of water.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place the pump right before the 1st sediment filter and would place the pressure gauge inline between the pump and the 1st sediment filter. You want to use the pressure gauge to make sure that you have around 80 psi going to the unit.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water line is open, when the pump isn't on its perfect just really low pressure

I'm wanting it after the filters so that stuff doesn't build up in the booster pump. The water isn't the best and I've already seen things floating around in my sediment filter.

I cant put anything between the sed and carbon as they are connected internally. So it's either after all 3 or before anything. and after seeing stuff floating in my sed filter already I'd rather have it done after.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There needle on my gauge will bounce around a little after the booster pump first starts, but will calm down after a minute or so. How long are you giving it?

And you should keep the booster pump after the sediment and carbon, but before the membrane.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There needle on my gauge will bounce around a little after the booster pump first starts, but will calm down after a minute or so. How long are you giving it?

It was going crazy the entire time I made 5 gallons of water. But it relatively stable at bouncing around 70-80 psi so I think I have it set properly?

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for what the gauge looks like

here is the filter showing everything

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it easy enough for you to try a new sediment filter out? I had similar issues with my booster pump, but replacing the sediment filter did the trick. Couldn't tell you why, but it worked like a charm. Worst case scenario, you pull off the new one and put it back in storage.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a flow restrictor on your waste water line? They'll look like this or this, which would be in the tube of your waste water line

No i don't

Is it easy enough for you to try a new sediment filter out? I had similar issues with my booster pump, but replacing the sediment filter did the trick. Couldn't tell you why, but it worked like a charm. Worst case scenario, you pull off the new one and put it back in storage.

It is a brand new filter. I put it in when i put the pump on.

OP
OP
thesoulpatch

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing on my waste water line is the manual flush. Other than that it goes right into the sink. Nothing else that I see

20190608_130410.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back