Where to install booster pump and switch

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello trying to figure this out ! where do I install a rodi drinking water booster pump? I seen main line input, or after 1st sediment filter. And would the pressure switch go before the T split on the revisor and DI

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello trying to figure this out ! where do I install a rodi drinking water booster pump? I seen main line input, or after 1st sediment filter. And would the pressure switch go before the T split on the revisor and DI
On mine I have it before any filter and the pressure switch is in between the RO membrane and the DI filters. If you’re using some of that for drinking water, you may want to add a mineral filter inline of your tank and spout. You don’t want to drink DI or non mineralized RO water.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my Rodi system I have the booster after the sediment and carbon filters, the reasoning is, you want the water to have been filtered before it hits the booster as any debris in the water could block the booster or shorten it’s life, also its the membrane that needs the pressure, not the sediment or carbon filters so no need for it to be first.

OP
OP
Lex_510

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On mine I have it before any filter and the pressure switch is in between the RO membrane and the DI filters. If you’re using some of that for drinking water, you may want to add a mineral filter inline of your tank and spout. You don’t want to drink DI or non mineralized RO water.
Thanks I bought itbe set, with the drinking water Kit

OP
OP
Lex_510

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my Rodi system I have the booster after the sediment and carbon filters, the reasoning is, you want the water to have been filtered before it hits the booster as any debris in the water could block the booster or shorten it’s life, also its the membrane that needs the pressure, not the sediment or carbon filters so no need for it to be first.
Thanks for the info. I see videos of before all filters and others after the filters and before the membrane. And went to Aquatec website and they say nothing after the carbon block because may get carbon debris in the in the pump, I’m confused as to the right place lol, but make sense not to have bad tap water into the pump.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I see videos of before all filters and others after the filters and before the membrane. And went to Aquatec website and they say nothing after the carbon block because may get carbon debris in the in the pump, I’m confused as to the right place lol, but make sense not to have bad tap water into the pump.
Yeah not good to have water at pressure going through the carbon, carbon fines is said to be the reason for HLLE, so probably not good for humans too.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure it will be under more pressure but the flow rate is going to be the same which is limited by the pump pressure and RO membrane. I feel like you’re over thinking it. Probably doesn’t make much difference either way.

But my home is redundant as can be. My tank RO system comes after a whole house system so my water has been cleaned many times over.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Booster-Pump-High-Pressure-Switch.PNG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back