WHERE TO PLACE MY POWER HEAD

aqbox65mixed

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Messages
20
Reaction score
9
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I would like to get some opinion to where to place my power head as well if anyone could give me a schedule for my 2 MP10s.

I truly appreciate the reply.

Tank size is 48 L 17 H 14 W

IMG_6052.jpeg IMG_6051.jpeg IMG_6050.jpeg
 
id put one on each end on opposite schedules. the mp 10's may be a little under powered though for a 4 foot tank. IMO
 
When I run them full power corals get blown too hard. Also as far as the height, how far from the top for both ?
 
I think suggestions can be made here but trial and error of placement and intensity will be needed here. Every tank is different IMO. Have fun with it.
 
I like my powerheads aimed towards each other, so the flows bounce off each and create random flow patters. It takes experimenting to find out the best positions and intensities for the flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new