Where to run Chemi-Pure

Anthrax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, with all my other pieces of equipment at the moment, I do not have room to run a canister for Carbon. But I did purchase a bag of Chemi-Pure to run some higher grade carbon into the tank but not sure where it could be placed to be most beneficial. Right not I have it wedged in the baffle between the skimmer section and return pump area but it only fills that baffle about half way.

Would it get more use if I tossed it in the mesh filter sock? I can't think of where else I could put it where it would get good water flow and not be in the display. I have a WB FRAG 85.3

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, with all my other pieces of equipment at the moment, I do not have room to run a canister for Carbon. But I did purchase a bag of Chemi-Pure to run some higher grade carbon into the tank but not sure where it could be placed to be most beneficial. Right not I have it wedged in the baffle between the skimmer section and return pump area but it only fills that baffle about half way.

Would it get more use if I tossed it in the mesh filter sock? I can't think of where else I could put it where it would get good water flow and not be in the display. I have a WB FRAG 85.3
I've always put mine into a mesh filter sock and put it wherever it would get flow to it. Usually in a media basket for me.
I recently had to stop using it because I zero'd my phos out :(

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 123 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 14 8.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back