Which aquarium to purchase?

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a 16 gal BioCube two months ago. Have had a few problems. Mostly bad advice from lfs but some are b/c of small water volume. I'm thinking abt getting a larger tank w/ overflow and sump.
I considered getting a 35 gal cube with corner overflow and rim, can't remember the brand name, and using my biocube as the sump, for $150. I would have to build or purchase a stand.
Today I found a Deep Blue 28 gal w/ stand for $225. Don't think my cube would fit in this stand.
All else being equal, and I decide to do this, which setup should I go with?

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider looking at craigslist for a 60 cube. 24x24x24. It is a perfect size because it does not require anything more than a single LED for coverage, Also it will have more water volume and be more enjoyable. The problem with Nano is that people get into them thinking they are small and easy and they are not. In fact harder. I think a nano customer needs to be someone with a size requirement (bookshelf or office) or someone wanting that specific challenge. Not someone starting off because they are worried about big being harder which it is not. I have found that there is more used 60 cubes or aquariums in this size range that are very attractively priced used with great equipment.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back