Which Camera and Lens?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kels

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
arlington,tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am trying to get real nice pictures of corals so I am looking for a good set up. My budget is $1,500 to $2,000. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
 
I have a Canon 40D, the newer model is a 50D. Add the cost of the body ($1200) and a macro lens, either 50mm or a 100mm macro. The 50mm is about $290 and the 100mm is about $500.
 
I use the Canon XSi and really like the feature of Live View. So, I would recommend the Canon XSi and Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens for taking photos in a glas aquarium. This would cost about 1100.00 total.
 
I use the Canon XSi and really like the feature of Live View. So, I would recommend the Canon XSi and Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens for taking photos in a glas aquarium. This would cost about 1100.00 total.
yep just got my new CANON XSi yesterday and these pics are just the 18-50mm lens it comes with
and one day of practice
IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg
 
that red polyp with the white splash is very impressive. i like! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new