OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the replies, guys. The ROX is fairly expensive, but sounds like it may be worth it. I'll keep doing some research and go from there. I probably won't run any for a couple of months, anyway, but I'm wanting to figure out what makes the most sense for my setup. Right now I'm leaning toward BRS lignite simply due to cost savings. Perhaps I could mix it with ROX for the best of both worlds? Not sure just yet. :)

Brandon

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some BRS lignite you can have. It takes 10-12 solid minutes to rinse it...so you can have it. LOL

jservedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some BRS lignite you can have. It takes 10-12 solid minutes to rinse it...so you can have it. LOL

lol this is why I love the Rox 0.8. I used all the other BRS carbons and hated the rinsing. The 0.8 is a little messy because of it's size and the fact it sticks to you and everything but it made me stop using carbon in a reactor. Works well enough when tossed in a media bag and hung from my skimmer.

Sure, it's more expensive but why use a ton of carbon anyway in a typical reef? My 1g container is still half full after more than a year on a 20g - even for a 200g that is still fairly cheap.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ha! Thanks, Chris. I will take you up on that. Can I grab it (and the blasto...) from you at the meeting? It would be nice to check it out. I'm hoping to install a utility sink in my garage beside my sump soon, so that will help with routine tasks such as rinsing media (and cleaning my skimmer...), but I can't imagine actually rinsing that long. That may be enough for me to buy the other, also. :)

Thanks for the reply, jservedio!

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, no worries. We'll figure something else out then.

Brandon

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 89 67.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back