Which controller?

Bigred321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which controller is everyone using? Apex or Hydros? Might be looking at hydros, but i am not sure if they have the functionality of the apex. Thanks

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One important thing is to figure out what you want your controller to control.
Nowadays most of lights, powerheads, dosers and other peripherals have their own proprietary smartphone app, which is frequently more powerful than controlling those devices via Apex, Hydros or GHL Profilux. Some of the peripherals cannot be controlled by any controller. I use my Apex now basically as monitor only( pH, temp, salinity) And as secondary controller for heaters and chiller. The rest is done by Mobius, ReefBeat and MyAi apps.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which controller is everyone using? Apex or Hydros? Might be looking at hydros, but i am not sure if they have the functionality of the apex. Thanks
First off what plans do you have for the controller. Decide on one and then get the equipment that is compatible. If you already have equipment you want to control. Get the one that will control as much of the equipment you have or at least the most important equipment you want to control. I have the Hydros and have not found anything I wanted to do that it could not do. I came from the Digital Aquatic Archon to the Hydros and slowly converted over to it. Now about 99% is on the Hydros.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Apex and also like the new availability to control ecotech devices as well. I would take a look at the link below from Neptune as it lays out what each Apex version can do and how you can expand to fit your needs.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/a3-apex-series/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back