Which dosing pump?

CorbetJackson50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at dosing pumps (for two part and maybe magnesium/trace elements. I am also getting an older Apex from a buddy. I am debating between BRS or jaebo. Im not looking to spend an arm and a leg on a DOS. I do plan on having them on the apex if for nothing else for emergency shut off. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well personal experience here. I prefer my BRS dosers any day over the Jebao. Also make sure if you use the BRS ones to use outlets 4 & 8 on the EB8 power bar. Something to do with them being mechanical switches and more accurate for dosing pumps. I’m not 100% on that but I remember being told to use those two.

OP
OP
CorbetJackson50

CorbetJackson50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well personal experience here. I prefer my BRS dosers any day over the Jebao. Also make sure if you use the BRS ones to use outlets 4 & 8 on the EB8 power bar. Something to do with them being mechanical switches and more accurate for dosing pumps. I’m not 100% on that but I remember being told to use those two.
I've seen that too on the outlets. Never an explanation though

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only other thing I can remember is 4 & 8 also have a higher amp rating. Maybe that’s why they are recommended.

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Use the relay switched outlets because boxing pumps don’t pull enough power to be reliably switched on & off on the other outlets

BRS makes decent dosing pumps.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason for “I prefer my BRS dosers any day over the Jebao.“

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Jebao DP-4 I had from day one had issues. First off no factory warranty. Secondly one dosing head out of the box did not work. Thirdly a week later a second head stopped working. And lastly a third head would not hold its prime a week after that.

When I got my BRS ones I was using them on a 24 hour digital timer. When I got my Apex, it now controls them with a few easy clicks and a copy/paste from an online calculator. 3 years later they are still going strong, only needing a calibration once a year just to keep them in check.

Now I may have gotten one that skipped QC at the factory. Having one head bad out the box I can understand but 3:4 bad 2 weeks after purchase with no warranty is not a good business practice. Never once have I had a bad experience dealing with BRS.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. My experience has been just the opposite. Flawless Jebao, problematic BRS.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 61 48.8%
  • Full frame

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back