Which dragonnet is the easiest to keep

How did you do that? Need to get some tips

I didn't try either time it just happened.

I hear it's much easier with target mandarins. I had pods and kept them stocked also
 
I'm like @3FordFamily we've had 2 psychedelic mandarins that have taken to frozen within few months of having them. I do have pods also for them. We actually have pods and brine shrimp breeding in our system so they have a buffet of options between the live and the lrs reef frenzy nano n artipods from reef nutrition.
 
I'll try target feeding a mix of pods and mysis see if that peaks thier interest. Is there any food you found they prefer?
 
Hey Paul- regarding that target feeder; you lift it out of the tank when you pour in the brine shrimp? It seems like they wouldn't find their way down if you didn't...?
 
I don't lift it out of the tank. There is a small funnel on top, out of the water. I squirt the shrimp in there and all about 1/2 oz of water, they all go down and get eaten over the day. I have been using it for years which is why all those pairs of fish I mentioned are spawning




Here is a video
 
Gaz- I see you have a cowfish. How long have you had him? I had one for 2 weeks and he died from ich. I think doing water changes stressed him while I was in the tank. Really like their personality. Would love to get another one. Any tips on owning them?
 
I've had stewie for about a year now great fish. I haven't really treated him any different to any other fish Ive brought to be honest, I feed him by hand so whenever my hand goes in he thinks food and that little beak hurts especially when you don't expect it!LOL . I know you can't use copper based treatment on them because they don't have scales. I feed him nori,mysis and whole clams in shell to keep his teeth down.I would love two have a male female pair but not to sure if stewie's a boy or girl.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new