Which fish is trying to talk to me.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
2,240
Location
Machias Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, some of you are going to think that I'm crazy and don't worry, you're not alone. For months whenever I get ready to feed my fish, I hear this noise that I can only describe as being two syllables similar to the noise that a hippo makes. I am finally convinced that it is coming from one of my fish. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
The possible offenders include: Adult Queen Angle, Emperor Angle, Copperband, Powder Blue and Bristlenose Tangs. It has to be one of them as there is no other explanation
 
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel
 
My guess is the Emperor if it’s an adult. I can hear mine from across the room.
 
Yes, some of you are going to think that I'm crazy and don't worry, you're not alone. For months whenever I get ready to feed my fish, I hear this noise that I can only describe as being two syllables similar to the noise that a hippo makes. I am finally convinced that it is coming from one of my fish. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
The possible offenders include: Adult Queen Angle, Emperor Angle, Copperband, Powder Blue and Bristlenose Tangs. It has to be one of them as there is no other explanation
did you take a gummy before posting?
 
Yes, some of you are going to think that I'm crazy and don't worry, you're not alone. For months whenever I get ready to feed my fish, I hear this noise that I can only describe as being two syllables similar to the noise that a hippo makes. I am finally convinced that it is coming from one of my fish. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
The possible offenders include: Adult Queen Angle, Emperor Angle, Copperband, Powder Blue and Bristlenose Tangs. It has to be one of them as there is no other explanation
I’d guess the emperor angel assuming it’s a fairly large size.
Also, yes! My wrasses will spit water at me for food. And the pencils will make a snapping noise with their beak against the rocks quite happily.
 
what kind of wrasses spit water at you? Probably ones that are too big to go in my tank
My pencils love to do it! They’re suitable for a tank that’s 3 foot long too!
 
Emperor Angel, 100%.

I could hear mine half-way across the house. (Someone once referred to it as the sound of "falling rocks"-- which I thought was accurate).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new