Which is Better for GHL: iPad or Windows Tablet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have screwed up again. I just received a tablet with Windows 10 but I'm starting to think you can't load GHL Connect on it. Is this correct?

If anybody had GHL Connect on a Windows tablet, I'd appreciate help loading it.

I'm starting to think that there is no tablet that will take Connect and Control Center....is that true? :confused:

Thanks.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have screwed up again. I just received a tablet with Windows 10 but I'm starting to think you can't load GHL Connect on it. Is this correct?

If anybody had GHL Connect on a Windows tablet, I'd appreciate help loading it.

I'm starting to think that there is no tablet that will take Connect and Control Center....is that true? :confused:

Thanks.
Jim,
GHL Connect is either a Apple or Android app that only runs on their specific device. In Apple’s case it will run on an iPhone or iPad.
myGHL is the web based way of logging into your GHL products. This will work on any device that has a browser regardless of the operating platform.
GCC is software that runs on Windows only, and must be loaded onto a Windows machine, ie desk or lap top.
I don’t know if you can load GCC onto a Windows based tablet.
Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,
GHL Connect is either a Apple or Android app that only runs on their specific device. In Apple’s case it will run on an iPhone or iPad.
myGHL is the web based way of logging into your GHL products. This will work on any device that has a browser regardless of the operating platform.
GCC is software that runs on Windows only, and must be loaded onto a Windows machine, ie desk or lap top.
I don’t know if you can load GCC onto a Windows based tablet.
Hope that helps.
I'm working on finding out if I can load Connect on the Windows tablet. I found the following (below) on my PC, but I can't get the site to come up on the Windows tablet. And, I don't really understand it but it almost looks like there is a way of getting Connect on Windows.
I googled this on my Windows PC: "can ghl connect be installed on windows?" which brought me to the site that says this:

ABOUT GHL CONNECT FOR PC​

Download GHL Connect PC for free at BrowserCam. GHL Advanced Technology GmbH & Co. KG published the GHL Connect App for Android operating system mobile devices, but it is possible to download and install GHL Connect for PC or Computer with operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Mac.
Let's find out the prerequisites to install GHL Connect on Windows PC or MAC computer without much delay.
Select an Android emulator: There are many free and paid Android emulators available for PC and MAC, few of the popular ones are Bluestacks, Andy OS, Nox, MeMu and there are more you can find from Google.
Compatibility: Before downloading them take a look at the minimum system requirements to install the emulator on your PC.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,
One other thing, you can log into GHL Connect using your web browser on your tablet and logging into the P4 locality. The P4 had its own web server.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the rest of what I copied and pasted in last post. At the very end there is a button to DOWNLOAD but it won't let me copy it for pasting here:

For example, BlueStacks requires OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only), Mac OS Sierra(10.12), High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave(10.14), 2-4GB of RAM, 4GB of disk space for storing Android apps/games, updated graphics drivers.
Finally, download and install the emulator which will work well with your PC's hardware/software.

How to Download and Install GHL Connect for PC or MAC:​

• Open the emulator software from the start menu or desktop shortcut in your PC.
  • Associate or set up your Google account with the emulator.
  • You can either install the App from Google PlayStore inside the emulator or download GHL Connect APK file from the below link from our site and open the APK file with the emulator or drag the file into the emulator window to install GHL Connect App for pc.
You can follow above instructions to install GHL Connect for pc with any of the Android emulators out there.

DOWNLOAD GHL CONNECT FOR PC​

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,
One other thing, you can log into GHL Connect using your web browser on your tablet and logging into the P4 locality. The P4 had its own web server.
Not sure what you mean here....sorry. You mean the GHL CLOUD?

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what the "emulator" is all about? Sounds like that needs to be downloaded first? ...then ????

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm embarrassed to say that I have a new problem:

I switched internet providers today so I'm guessing this has something to do with the problem. Now I can't connect to GHL Connect from my iphone or an Android tablet, nor can I connect to P4 Cloud from these same devices. I'm sure it's something simple related to the internet change......but I can't figure it out. I do have wifi and can connect to the internet.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help. (I'll check back in the morning).

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL connect is a app meant for lower end platforms such as Android or IOS operated devices. It will not run on a windows machine. There is no need for any emulators. You won’t be running GHL connect on that.

Now that you have a windows PC tablet you can install and run GCC.
More info and download link here:

You will need to follow the procedures on installing and setting up GCC as provided in GHLs videos.

Since you changed internet providers you now have a new IP address and you need to reset up your devices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL connect is a app meant for lower end platforms such as Android or IOS operated devices. It will not run on a windows machine. There is no need for any emulators. You won’t be running GHL connect on that.

Now that you have a windows PC tablet you can install and run GCC.
More info and download link here:

You will need to follow the procedures on installing and setting up GCC as provided in GHLs videos.

Since you changed internet providers you now have a new IP address and you need to reset up your devices.
To find the IP Address:

I went to C:\users\woner>ipconfig and found:

ipv4
subnet mask
default gateway

....each with ip addresses. I tried them all and still doesn't work. Do I have to change the PORT? If so, how do I find which one because of the new internet provider?

Thanks.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To find the IP Address:

ipv4
subnet mask
default gateway

....each with ip addresses. I tried them all and still doesn't work. Do I have to change the PORT? If so, how do I find which one because of the new internet provider?

Thanks.
You need the new IP address for the P4. A few ways you can find it:
  • Connect via USB
  • Connect to the P4 WiFi hotspot
What color is the GHL logo on the P4 and what is WiFi light doing?

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need the new IP address for the P4. A few ways you can find it:
  • Connect via USB
  • Connect to the P4 WiFi hotspot
What color is the GHL logo on the P4 and what is WiFi light doing?
Ohhh. wIfi light on P4 is off. Not sure what to do.

I found 3 ip addresses (as mentioned) but not sure which to use. :
ipv4
subnet mask
default gateway

I tried them all and they don't work which is why I suspect I need a new PORT? I'm trying to figure out how to find the port.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh. wIfi light on P4 is off. Not sure what to do.

I found 3 ip addresses (as mentioned) but not sure which to use. :
ipv4
subnet mask
default gateway

I tried them all and they don't work which is why I suspect I need a new PORT? I'm trying to figure out how to find the port.
That is the IP address of your computer, not the P4.

You have GCC installed on the tablet? If so, connect to the P4 with the USB.

You can also cycle power to the P4 to see if connects to your WiFi on restart.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the IP address of your computer, not the P4.

You have GCC installed on the tablet? If so, connect to the P4 with the USB.

You can also cycle power to the P4 to see if connects to your WiFi on restart.
I am connected to P4 via USB to my PC if that will work. (If not I can connect to tablet).
But in either case, what would I do next to find IP address and PORT?
Thank you!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You will need to the enter the new name of your network in the SSID under Settings for Client Mode. If there is a password for your WiFi you will need to enter that in the WiFi Key. Have DHCP checked.

1607184385564.png

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You will need to the enter the new name of your network in the SSID under Settings for Client Mode. If there is a password for your WiFi you will need to enter that in the WiFi Key. Have DHCP checked.

1607184385564.png
May be getting closer. Yellow light is solid and blinking on P4 but still can't connect.

CLIENT AND ACCESS POINT: is checked

For both CLIENT MODE and ACCESS MODE I typed in SSID box: MyAltice e8d955 (which is the Network name.

I typed the password in WIFI KEY.

Encryption: WPA WPA2 PSK

Obtain IP address automatically: is checked

Only zeros appear in the next 5 bars under CLIENT (but there are numbers in bars under ACCESS MODE)

Should the IP address in APP be the same as the IP address shown under ACCESS MODE (or is that an "old" address from previous internet provider?) And, PORT?

Thanks for your patience and help!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you check Save Changes and see if the P4 connects. You may need to close the Communications tab then reopen it to see the IP address it gets assigned. It will be in the Current IP Address. The other four blocks will remain blank, those are for manually setting an IP address.

Access Point is for connecting to the P4 hotspot. You can connect to the P4 WiFi and log into it that way, GCC or the Web Server.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you check Save Changes and see if the P4 connects. You may need to close the Communications tab then reopen it to see the IP address it gets assigned. It will be in the Current IP Address. The other four blocks will remain blank, those are for manually setting an IP address.

Access Point is for connecting to the P4 hotspot. You can connect to the P4 WiFi and log into it that way, GCC or the Web Server.
Hallelujah !! That did it! It works! Now I can start to have fun! :D

Thank you Chris, Pete and Ken for all your time and help!! Much appreciated!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back