Which is Better for GHL: iPad or Windows Tablet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

If not done, setup the Access Point to give you another way to get to the P4 if your router happens to go down.

Besides GCC and myGHL, you can also type the IP of the P4 directly into a browser to log in via the Web Server.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

If not done, setup the Access Point to give you another way to get to the P4 if your router happens to go down.

Besides GCC and myGHL, you can also type the IP of the P4 directly into a browser to log in via the Web Server.
If the Access Point is the same as myGHL p4 Cloud, then I have that on my app and unless I'm mistaken I guess it can always be accessed via a PC.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the Access Point is the same as myGHL p4 Cloud, then I have that on my app and unless I'm mistaken I guess it can always be accessed via a PC.
They are not the same. The Access Point is to connect to the P4 directly via its own internal WiFi transmitter, no internet access.

Select Client & Access Point
Give the access point a name (SSID) and password (WiFi key)
Assign an IP and subnet, one is probably there already
Save changes

The P4 will then show up as a WiFi network on your computer. You can then select that network and log in using the password you set. You can then log into the P4 via a web browser using the IP you set. Or if on your Windows PC you can also use GCC.

This is what I like about the P4, many ways to get into it.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Select Client & Access Point
Give the access point a name (SSID) and password (WiFi key)
Assign an IP and subnet, one is probably there already
Save changes

The P4 will then show up as a WiFi network on your computer. You can then select that network and log in using the password you set. You can then log into the P4 via a web browser using the IP you set. Or if on your Windows PC you can also use GCC.

This is what I like about the P4, many ways to get into it.
I already have the same name for both SSID (Client; Access) which is the Network name (MyAltice e8d955)

What I don't know how to do is "select that network and log in using the password you set." Not sure where we are to do this.

And not sure how to "log into the P4 via a web browser...."

Sorry.....and thanks again!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For mine I named it "P4 Direct", here it is in my list of network connections.

1607195265699.png

Click connect and enter the password set in the Access Point settings. You will be connected to the WiFi of the P4. There is no internet access.

Then you need to log into the P4 on either a browser or GCC (Windows only).

When connected to the Hot Spot the IP will be the IP set in the Access Point settings, not the IP set by your router in the Client Mode settings.

You can enter the respective IP into a browser to log into the Web Server of the P4.

The password to log in via a browser (Web Server) is on the Communications Tab. Here is the default.

1607195988857.png

Here I'm using Edge while connected to my router, notice the IP.

1607195770157.png

Here I'm logged in via the Hot Spot, using the IP set in the Access Point settings.

Note that when you do the initial setup when on the Hot Spot, select No for storing info to the cloud. There is no internet connection so the login to myGHL will fail. When connected to your router select Yes when doing that setup.

1607196670034.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back