Which Is Better for Multiple Anemones

TacticalReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my first tank in the hobby was a nice little Nuvo 10, which I quickly realized wouldn’t be big enough so I went out and got a Nuvo 30L as well. Last week I was wanting a bigger cube so I could retire the 10 eventually and found a Nuvo 40.

Currently my Nuvo 10 has a few clowns, purple firefish, fire shrimp, rainbow anemone, and black widow anemone. A friend of mine may be giving me a rose anemone next weekend as well.

My original thought was that I could just place the nems at different places in the 40 once it was ready but the more I’ve thought about it I’m thinking the 30 may be better to give them more horizontal space apart.

I wanted to get the communities thoughts and experiences with this though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So my first tank in the hobby was a nice little Nuvo 10, which I quickly realized wouldn’t be big enough so I went out and got a Nuvo 30L as well. Last week I was wanting a bigger cube so I could retire the 10 eventually and found a Nuvo 40.

Currently my Nuvo 10 has a few clowns, purple firefish, fire shrimp, rainbow anemone, and black widow anemone. A friend of mine may be giving me a rose anemone next weekend as well.

My original thought was that I could just place the nems at different places in the 40 once it was ready but the more I’ve thought about it I’m thinking the 30 may be better to give them more horizontal space apart.

I wanted to get the communities thoughts and experiences with this though.
You will need maximum room as anemones do relocate themselves and im not sure what you mean by multiple but I would place 2-3 Maximum in a model 40 tank

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cover ph dont want chunks of anemones flying around.

Once you have one more will follow

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need maximum room as anemones do relocate themselves and im not sure what you mean by multiple but I would place 2-3 Maximum in a model 40 tank

I'm going to disagree and say you could literally pack the tank full of them.

As long as lighting and flow are good you should be able to keep as many as you want.

I would plan out what type of devices you're going to use for flow. Over the back returns and closed loop would be better suited for this than power heads in my opinion. Unless you get guards for the power heads that needs can't get through

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm going to disagree and say you could literally pack the tank full of them.

As long as lighting and flow are good you should be able to keep as many as you want.

I would plan out what type of devices you're going to use for flow. Over the back returns and closed loop would be better suited for this than power heads in my opinion. Unless you get guards for the power heads that needs can't get through
With RBTA which split and multiply regularly and after having 2 in a 360g that became 14 and stinging everything around them- I know what I'm talking about. Regular anemones yes - but rBTA- you don't want the tank packed with them as they will pack it on their own

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, I thought it was PH PO4. I guess Sea Sweeps would work good.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back